Do you know “I Heart Radio?” It’s a very cool app that lets you listen to a variety of radio stations from around the USA on your computer.
We have a great station in Colorado, KBCO. I listen to it all the time in my office and car and miss it when I’m on the road. But since I’ve downloaded the I Heart Radio app I listen to it when I’m traveling too. Makes me feel more connected to home when I’m on the road.
The other night I got to my hotel room near O’Hare Airport in Chicago and opened up I Heart Radio. The Beatles were playing “Drive My Car” – the most optimistic song I know. I love the line….
“I’ve got no car and it’s breaking my heart. But I’ve got a driver, and that’s a start.”
That’s an optimistic attitude.
Optimism is a key ingredient of self-confidence and career success. You’ve got be an optimist if you’re going to climb the corporate ladder.
I’m a big fan of The Optimist Creed. I’ve given away a couple of thousand frameable copies of it. If you would like one, go to http://BudBilanich.com/optimist. Check it out…
The Optimist Creed
- To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
- To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
- To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
- To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
- To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.
- To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
- To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
- To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
- To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
- To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
Spend some time with these principles. Get to know them. Incorporate them into your life. You’ll not only become more optimistic and confident, you’ll be on your way to creating the life and career success you deserve.
That’s the career advice that I found listening to “Drive My Car” on KBCO via I Heart Radio. What do you think? Please take a minute to share your thoughts with us in a comment. As always, thanks for taking the time to read my daily musings on life and career success. I value you and I appreciate you. If you want to learn more about how to climb the corporate ladder faster check out the free rebroadcast of a webinar I did recently. You can find it at http://www.mycorporateclimb.com/squeeze_pages/13337-bud-bilanichs-corporate-career-success-webinar/