Billie Sucher and I have coauthored a new career success book, Success Tweets for Finding a Job and Excelling in It. We’re proud of it. You can get your copy on Amazon.com. It’s another of my writings on the topic of life and career success. I think it is a great companion piece to Success Tweets.
Billie is really creative; that’s why I enjoyed working with her on Success Tweets for Finding a Job and Excelling in It. Over the holidays, she did a talk on hope – one of my favorite subjects. I’m an eternal optimist, and hope is a key ingredient of optimism. And as you know from reading this blog, optimism will help you create the life and career success you want and deserve.
Billie says that “Hope Offers a Path for Everyone.” I agree.
I love Billie’s acronym for H.O.P.E. Below, I’ve taken some of her thoughts on expanding the H.O.P.E. acronym and added some of my own. Billie and I are coauthors after all. I like to think that we bring out the best in each other’s writing…
- Hold on to what works in your life, and let go of what doesn’t.
- Help yourself in healthy, constructive, mindful and intentional ways.
- Have a plan to get you to your career success goals, and for what you do when things don’t go as planned.
- Heal a heart that is broken. Reach down while you’re looking up.
- Optimism is the key to hope. Choose optimism.
- Opportunities are everywhere. See the opportunity in every problem.
- Obstacles test your commitment to your career success.
- Open minds open doors and hearts.
- Pursue your purpose with unrelenting passion.
- Plant seeds wherever you go. You’ll be surprised at how many will blossom.
- Perseverance is the key to career success. Keep at it and you’ll succeed.
- Prepare, prepare, prepare. Fate favors those who are prepared.
- Engage with other people. Build relationships.
- Extend yourself – do the things you think you can’t.
- Enhance your self esteem and hope by enhancing that of others.
- Encourage others to be their best, by being your best.
The common sense career success coach point here is simple. Billie Sucher my coauthor of Success Tweets for Finding a Job and Excelling in It and I are big believers in the power of hope. Billie describes hope as follows: Hope Offers a Path for Everyone. I agree. Hope is an important key to optimism, and optimism is critical for your life and career success.
Because I believe in the power of hope, I live by The Optimist Creed. Check it out…
The Optimist Creed
- To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
- To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
- To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
- To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
- To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.
- To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
- To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
- To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
- To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
- To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
If you want a copy of The Optimist Creed that you can frame and hang in your office, go to http://budbilanich.com/optimist.
Choose hope and optimism and you’ll be on your way to the life and career success you want and deserve. That’s today’s career advice. What do you think? Please take a minute to share your thoughts with us in a comment. As always, thanks for reading.