As you may know I do a lot of work in the pharma and medical device industries. I’m a member of the editorial board of PM 360 a print magazine for pharma and device marketing pros. Therefore, I see a lot of innovative things these marketers are doing to get the word out about their product.
The other day I saw a booklet put out by Janssen Pharmaceuticals makers of the Diabetes drug Invokana. Page eight was titled “Reduce Stress to Help Control Blood Sugar and Diabetes Complications.” Nine common sense tips on controlling your stress followed.
- Exercise regularly.
- Get seven to nine hours of sleep each night.
- Take five slow, deep breaths.
- Do simple stretches or yoga poses.
- Cuddle with your spouse, child or pet.
- Take time to do something you really enjoy.
- Talk out your frustrations and stressors with a friend or counselor.
- Write your thought — good and bad — in a journal.
- Think about something happy or funny.
These are great tips for managing your stress, whether or not you have diabetes. Follow them, and you’ll live a healthy, happier and more productive life.